So let me begin on a completely separate tangent...I just moved into a darling house with four darling roomies! I am so excited and happy about my new place. And I bought a couch this past saturday! whoa! so grownup. Okay back to business...so Christine and I decided to have a night in...just stine, me, popcorn with extra butter and salt, chocolate covered almonds, a brownie from paradise cafe, chips and salsa and "Drop Dead Gorgeous" (totally recommend this one, but more appreciated if you are a beauty pageant alumni. We ran to Whole foods to pick up some treats when I decided to wander through the health aisle searching for flax seed oil (one of the boys at work said he heard it helped ease stomach aches). My stomach is always angry. Lets just say I can't eat much...I truly believe the only reason I stayed thin in high school is because five minutes after consuming something, it was out (overshare)? So I find the nice girl who knows allll about the vitamins, probiotics, oils etc. and start sharing with her that I am always bloated and looking for something...ANYTHING to help. She started taking me to the probiotics and digestive enzymes. I let her know, I have been doing that regimen for the past month or so and had experienced no change. So after a few more minutes of oversharing, she looks at me and says " I really think you have celiac disease"....NOOOOOO!!! You don't understand, I LOVE BREAD! And pasta, and pancakes and anything that isn't allowed when you have celiac disease. But, it makes sense, and I have been avoiding this inevitable tragedy for some time (I know that there worse things in this world, once again adding dramatics to jazz this entry up). So tomorrow I will begin a celiac diet once more. Goodbye bread (unless its gluten free), hello cornmeal! It is okay though, because if this makes me feel better...the loss of gluten/wheat/everything good on the planet earth will be worth it!
It has come to the point that I will give up my favorite treats to feel good (and look better too, hello 300 calorie diet...)
-m
No comments:
Post a Comment