2.10.2009

My how time flies......

My goodness has it really been three months since I last posted?!?! Or should I say, since "we" last posted. (This is to prod Cait into posting again, she was very entertaining wasn't she). So it is 6 in the morning and I have been up for an hour. I have a horrid cough and a runny nose, and fell asleep at ten getting 7 lovely hours of peaceful sleep. It wasn't until my nose started to run that I woke up in a tizzy. At least i didn't blow my nose into my sheets again (that is a whole different story). I figured I could pretend to sleep and just lay in bed thinking about things I wasn't going to accomplish today (working off the million calories I consumed yesterday, vacuuming out the car that so desperately needs some attention, showering....). Okay, maybe I will shower, but there is plenty of time for that kind of thing in the two hours I have before I have to be at my desk.


Life has been great. The holidays passed and a new year was celebrated joyfully. A new years realization (I don't make resolutions), MASON WILL BE HOME IN 2009!!! It doesn't matter that his homecoming is 6ish months away, he won't miss one more thanksgiving or christmas. He needs to be registered for school, and my best friend will be home. That gives me such comfort and peace. It was also my first split Christmas. I spent Christmas eve and morning with my momma, and then trekked through a blizzard to Idaho Falls to be with my poppa. 5.5 hours later (usually takes 3 hours) I had safely made it to Christmas dinner with my dad and the wonderful Mckenzie-Carter family. It turned out to be a lovely few days and a nice holiday.

My job is fabulous! I'm loving it. I may never be able to work in another "corporate" atmosphere again however. It is inappropriate, very un-p.c, full of darling boys and I couldn't be happier. We can ski during the work day, went to Vegas to see Snoop Dogg, and have fun everyday together. I feel like I have 6 big brothers constantly teasing me...but it is only because they feel the same about me (not that I am a big brother, a little sister duh). I enter invoices, cut checks, flirt, and take care of important business 5 days a week. I have gotten closer to the coworkers I knew before, and made fun new friends as well.


Well, there is my update for now. Many more things going on in life, but my head might explode, and I am going to try and sleep for one more hour. Apparently more sleep makes you skinnier, but I think that is only because you're eating less. wink wink.


-m





A weekend trip to San Fran pre Christmas





Merry Christmas!!! (My gifts from my baby brother)




My "supervisor" and I in Vegas, who thought Alex would ever be in charge of me?

1 comment:

Mary Staples said...

It's about time you updated! Thank you for the Valentine, Valentine. Love you.